This Privacy Statement applies to Schouten Zekerheid Holding BV and its affiliates. We consider it important to carefully handle the personal data you provide us. This Privacy Statement tells you how we handle your data. It specifies for what purpose we process your personal data, the parties we share your data with, and what rights you have with respect to the processing of your personal data.Your interests come first when we process your personal data. Our principles are:
- We treat your data carefully. We comply with applicable laws and regulations in the field of privacy.
- We ensure the proper security of our systems.
- We do not sell your data to third parties.
- We only process personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
- We inform you about your rights related to Privacy.
- We adequately handle your requests related to the processing of your personal data.
What are personal data?Personal data are all data that can be used to directly or indirectly identify a person. This means that data becomes personal data once they can be used to identify you. Schouten Zekerheid processes your personal data for the reasons set out in this statement. We cannot provide any services to you if your data is not available/provided to us.
When may Schouten Zekerheid process personal data?We may only use your personal data if we have a legal reason to do so. The reasons that apply to Schouten Zekerheid are:
- You have given us permission to process your personal data. For example through a request form. You can always revoke your permission. You can contact our Data Protection Officer for this. The contact details can be found below. A revocation takes effect from the moment of receipt. Retroactive revocation is not possible.
- The processing is needed to implement an agreement concluded with or for you. This is the case once you start using our services. We need your personal data to properly advise you on insurances, to mediate in insurances, and to manage your insurances.
- The processing is required to comply with a statutory obligation applicable to Schouten Zekerheid.
How does Schouten Zekerheid use your personal data?Schouten Zekerheid uses your personal data only for the purpose for which they are collected. We only collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- Advising clients and potential clients on employment benefits, financial planning, and insurances in its broadest sense.
- Assessing and accepting (potential) clients.
- Concluding and implementing agreements with clients.
- Managing relationships with clients.
- Collecting, forwarding and managing the necessary data for insurers/pension administrators/funders and experts/expertise firms for the conclusion and implementation of (insurance) agreements.
- Handling payment transactions.
- Handling and registering claims.
- Compliance with legal obligations.
- Ensuring the safety and integrity of the industry.
- Fighting, preventing and detecting (attempted) (criminal) acts against the sector in which Schouten Zekerheid operates, the group to which Schouten Zekerheid belongs, Schouten Zekerheid itself, its clients, and its employees.
- Strategic and marketing purposes.
With what parties does Schouten Zekerheid share your personal data?We will never sell your personal data. We will only share your personal data if this is necessary for one of the purposes set out in the previous section. These may include the following parties:
- Insurance companies.
- Pension funds.
- Reintegration firms.
- Occupational Health and Safety Services.
- Financial institutions.
- (Claims) Experts.
- National Vehicle Authority.
- Collection agencies.
- Tax Authorities.
- Supervisor authorities.
How does Schouten Zekerheid treat your personal data?We treat your personal data carefully and ensure that they are properly secured at all times. We also observe the following rules:
- We train our staff to ensure they know how to process your data as securely as possible.
- We do not keep your data longer than necessary. We observe the statutory retention periods in this context.
- We do not process your data outside the European Union. The same Privacy Legislation applies throughout the European Union as of 25 May 2018. Our servers are not located outside the European Union for this reason.
- We have a Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection Officer is an internal supervisor and checks whether we comply with privacy laws and regulations.
What rights do you have?You have certain rights with respect to the use of your personal data. We describe your rights below.
If you want to make use of one of your rights, you can contact our Data Protection Officer. The contact details can be found below. Your request will be handled within 4 weeks.
- Right to access: you may ask us what personal data we have of you and for what purposes they are used. You do not need to provide any reason for the request to access your data. The right to access only concerns access to your own data.
- Right to correction: if your personal data are incorrect or incomplete, you may request us to correct, complement or delete the corresponding personal data. This also applies if the data are used for another purpose than for which they have been collected or in a way which violates the law.
- Right to object: if special circumstances justify the objection against the processing of personal data, you can request us to delete or anonymise your personal data.
- Right to transfer of personal data: if personal data provided by you are processed automatically based on your permission or an agreement, you have the right to receive a copy thereof in a structured, commonly used and readable form. The personal data will be directly forwarded to another party at your request.
Questions, comments or complaints?
If you have questions or comments about the processing of your personal data or this statement, you can always contact our Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection Officer can also be contacted if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data or if you want to make use of one of your rights.
You can contact the Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to
Attn. Data Protection Officer
Rivium Quadrant 81
2909 LC Capelle aan den IJssel